Quality Nurse Consultant
Coordinates quality, accreditation, regulatory and licensing (AR&L), patient safety and risk management activities for the medical center. Provides clinical, educational, consulting, and coordinating support to assigned areas. Uses nurses licensure as a substantial amount of scientific knowledge or technical skill for indirect patient care services that ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, and protection of patients; and the performance of disease prevention and restorative measures.
- Acts as a consultant for quality, AR&L, risk, patient safety, and infection prevention activities and programs.
- Assists with quality management studies through data collection, data input and report development.
- Analyzes, interprets and provides recommendation based on quality principles.
- Organize and coordinate project planning, group process facilitation, training, and appropriate application of information technology.
- Reports all occurrences which may lead to medical center liability and follows up as necessary.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration for implementation of evidence based guidelines, criteria and other clinical tools to reduce variation in clinical practice and to optimize clinical outcomes.
- Educates physicians and staff regarding regional projects or regulatory reviews, i.e. the interpretation of regulatory requirements and the methods of compliance when preparing for a review or the interpretation of project goals.
- Analyzes risk management/patient safety principles and provides recommendations for the incorporation of risk management principles in each medical center.
- Provides support services to appropriate medical center staff in implementing risk management principles into credentialing processes.
- Participates in special projects as assigned, such as statistical reports for state, federal, and local agencies.
- Applies the appropriate performance improvement methodology to address improvement opportunity (eg. MFI, Lean DMAIC).
- May support infection prevention and control activities.
- Supports maintenance of IC records and policy/procedure manual reviews and revisions.
- Supports the medical centers continuous survey readiness program to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.