Assistant Nurse Manager (Perioperative Services) Capitol Hill/Seattle WA
Collaborates with the ASC Nurse Manager to establish a competent, ethical, safe and legal environment in the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) to promote high quality patient care. Coordinate with physicians, clinics, consulting nurses and other departments. Make decisions to meet service quality, clinical quality, utilization of resources and fiscal outcomes. Supervise staff and support overall department administration. Act on behalf of manager.
- Assures competency, quality and adequate staffing levels of health care providers in the Ambulatory Surgery Center. Develops, monitors and enforces consistent standards of practice and continuing competency mechanisms. Develops and maintains systems to meet cost, quality and service goals. Develops and provides education in support of these outcomes.
- Leads, manages, recruits, hires, mentors, disciplines and terminates staff when necessary. Prepares and presents performance evaluations. Assesses and responds to educational needs of nursing and medical staff as a team and individually. Interfaces with and supports medical staff.
- Develops, implements and enforces departmental policies and procedures. Assures compliance with all Regulatory Agency Standards, and professional organization standards. Establishes, develops, implements, and maintains clinical and administrative quality improvement policies, procedures and standards to guide professional practice.
- Continuously analyzes and evaluates patient care, environmental control, safety issues, and infection control practices in the ASU. Researches and resolves consumer and systems issues. Monitors, tracks and resolves accident/incident reports. Utilizes Lean management tools and process improvement approach.
- Evaluates and supports implementation of new technology and equipment. Resource to Materiel Management on product selection.