LVN II Outpatient - ZION MEDICAL CENTER - Tomography-Day - On Call
Under the direction and guidance of an RN, assists in the planning and delivery of nursing services for patients. Utilizes direct observation or electronic monitoring to identify patient needs. A Licensed Vocational Nurse is a member of the nursing team and provides direct nursing care for patients and supports unit functions. Direct Patient Care - Performs data collection and other technical and manual skills assigned upon direction of the Registered Nurse. Performs appropriate patient interventions as directed by the Registered Nurse. Performs assigned educational tasks after the patient's educational needs are assessed by the Registered Nurse. Implements care of the patient as assigned following assessment by the Registered Nurse. Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
- Sets priorities according to most emergent needs on an ongoing basis.
- Performs LVN skills in compliance with all approved policies/procedures with minimal or indirect supervision.
- Recognizes and clarifies inappropriate orders.
- Collaborates with appropriate health care team members in a timely manner to facilitate patient outcomes.
- Re-enforces learning and discharge planning needs of patient/family and documents teaching in a timely manner.
- Routinely takes usual and special precautions relative to the age, medical history, condition of the patient, and the type of treatment being given.
- Documents clinical activities in a timely manner.
- Documentation is legible, comprehensive and accurate.
- Organizational Rules, Policies and Procedures Observes all applicable Regional, Medical Center & department policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Attendance policy.
- Adheres to TIME System practice.
- Adheres to Personal Phone Call policy.
- Adheres to Dress Code policy.
- Displays clearly visible identification, stating name, title and department.
- Adheres to Confidentiality and Computer Security policy.
- Participates in education/orientation of other staff.
- Accountable to attend at least 50% of staff meetings and inservices and responsible for all content of staff meetings/inservice presentations by attendance or reviewing minutes.
- Quality and Service - Responsive to the needs of others maintaining a professional behavior toward members and co-workers and creating a positive image for the department.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with public, patients, families, and personnel.
- Informs patients of reason for any delays or anticipated delays in their care.
- Treats all patients in accordance with the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Conducts only work-related conversations when patients are waiting for service.
- Works in a cooperative manner with team members to meet needs of patients and unit.
- Communicates in writing accurately, completely and legibly, and routes such communication appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate information and keeps RN informed throughout the shift of patient status and needs.
- Communicates in the English language in the patient care setting, unless acting as an interpreter.
- Professionalism - Maintains professional demeanor in all interactions with patient and staff.
- Responds positively to constructive criticism from peers and supervisors.
- Participates in continuing education, inservices and staff development within the department and Medical Center.
- Maintains unit specific work requirements and competencies within timeframe required.
- Knowledge of and participation in unit quality improvement activities.
- Ability to function with a minimum of supervision utilizing nursing problem solving techniques.
- Takes initiative to recognize and evaluate area of concern.
- Improvises to find solutions and initiates appropriate follow-through.
- Knowledgeable of and participates in unit quality improvement and the Inpatient Nursing Quality Indicator Program.
- Productivity - Able to manage care for assigned patients.
- Adjust to fluctuations in workload, within designated work hours.
- Demonstrates flexibility to function in a variety of settings based on individual skills.
- Equipment & Supplies for General Floor Care Areas Maintains and utilizes equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with department guidelines.
- Promptly reports equipment malfunctions to Unit Assistant.