Clinic Nurse - Peritoneal Dialysis (Dual) - 40 Hr / Days
The Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Registered Nurse coordinates services related to peritoneal dialysis care. Primary responsibilities include training the patient in self-care PD, ongoing follow up care to evaluate and monitor response to treatment, overall case management of the patient on PD, and promotion of home treatment modalities. Onsite home evaluations are included in standard of care. The PD nurse coordinates communication and care through all the other multidisciplinary renal team members for the patient.
- Provides safe and effective training and oversight of the delivery of home PD to the patient in compliance with KP standards, as well as regulations set forth by state and federal agencies. Assists in ESRD treatment options education and the identification, evaluation, and selection of PD training candidates. Trains the PD candidate and/or care partner to perform all aspects of home PD therapy through the KP Peritoneal Dialysis Training Program.
- Assesses and manages patients response to home dialysis training and treatment, including onsite evaluation of patients home environment; follows prescribed protocols. Provides ongoing education to patient regarding dialysis treatment. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team in completion of comprehensive patient assessments and development of individualized plan of care to provide outstanding quality of care, as defined by KP quality goals and standards.
- Documents all relevant data including physician orders, lab results, vital signs, treatment parameters, patient status, and any treatment related data appropriately, and enters into the appropriate medical information system.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement-QAPI process, patient care conferences, and all other required staff meetings as scheduled.
- Rotates coverage with other licensed staff to ensure reliable and adequate coverage and participates in 24/7 on-call coverage as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as directed.